Installation must conform with local codes
” WARNING: This is a vented gas appliance for use only in a solid-fuel burning fireplace constructed on non-combustible material with a fully functional chimney flue which must vent all products of combustion. When operating, the chimney DAMPER MUST BE FULLY OPEN
• Due to high temperatures, the appliance should be located out of traffic and away from furniture and draperies.Children and adults should be alerted to the hazard of high surface temperatures.
• Installation and repair should be done by a qualified service person. The appliance should be inspected before use and at least annually by a professional service person.
• WARNING: Failure to keep the primary air opening(s) of the burner clean may result in sooting and property damage. • Keep appliance area clear and free from combustible materials, gasoline and other flammable vapors and liquids.
• DO NOT use this room appliance if any part has been under water. Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the appliance and to replace any part of the control system and any gas control that has been under water.
• WARNING: Before installing in a solid-fuel burning fireplace, the chimney flue and firebox must be cleaned of soot, creosote, ashes and loose paint by a qualified chimney cleaner.
• WARNING: Do not allow fans to blow directly into the fireplace. Avoid any drafts that alter burner flame pat-terns.
• A fireplace screen must be in place when the appliance is operating • Solid fuels shall not be burned in a fireplace .
• WARNING: Glass doors must be fully opened when appliance is in operation to allow for safe combustion, cooling of components and venting.